One, who only sees the Brahmagiri, has no fear of hell.... This is how; saint Namdeo has related the importance of Brahmagiri. The Puran(myth) says, after seeing Brahmagiri, man gets salvation from all the sins. The fort of Bramhgiri is about 4248 feet above the sea level and has diameter of 10 miles. Surrounded by crag (kada) of 300-400 feet, the fort has no way to enter except only two gates. Main gate is on the south side which was used to supply rasad (food provisions) to the soldiers. The northern side, though not as high as the south side, the crag is very steep. The fort handed over by Shahaji Raje to Khan Jamane. It remained under the mughal until 1720. In the year 1742 Marathe won it from Nizam. In 1818, it went to the British. Now it is under Government of India.
Present condition of the fort :From the northern side 400 steps have been constructed to climb the fort from the donation by Shraman benevolent from Karachi, Lalchand Sheth. There are three staircases carved in the stone. You reach the uneven ground after climbing the stairs. There is a sacred place, Kotee Tirtha. Towards north on the back side there is a temple of Bhagavan Shankar. The river Godavari origins from here. There is a vavadi (kite) shaped kund (tank). It said that Bhagavaana Shiva tossed his jata (matted hair) here and from there, Godavari originated. There can be seen traces of this incident like tresses like features in the rock, marks of the knees of Bhagavan Shiva.
Gangadwar is at the base of the fort Bramhgiri. You have to climb 750 steps to reach there. This is called Gangadwar because first glimpse of Ganga can be seen here from Brahmagiri Mountain. The statue of Ganga stands there. Nearby is Varahtirth a cave shaped tank. On the north side of Varahtirth is temple of the goddess Kolambika. On the north side of the plateau, are Shiva lings and caves of Gorakshanath, Machchhindranath. Here Saint Nivruttinath, elder brother of Saint Dnyaneshwar, received divine knowledge from Gahininath. On the way there are two tanks-Ramkund and Lakshman kund. The 750 steps to Gangadwar have been constructed by pious Shri Hansaraj Karamasi of Mumbai.
Devotees from all over India visit Trimbakeshwar continuously throughout the year to catch a sight of Trimbakraja, to have a holy bath in to kushavarta Tirth, to parikrama (Take a round trip) of Bramhgiri,to take darshan of Samadhi (mausoleum) of saint Nivruttinath, to perform various religious rituals and to get rid of the sins, sorrows and diseases.
It is said that, when results of all the good deeds (punya) adds together, the will to visit Trimbak arises in human mind. The learned have given immense importance to kushavarta Tirth, the original place; because the sage Gautam held the flow of Ganga here with abhimantrit darbh (enchanted weeds) and took a bath in Kushawarta Tirth to get rid of his sin of killing a cow. From here the river Ganga is called Godavari. Though Godavari is holy all over its route, the ugamsthan (origin) is considered to have a special importance.
Saint Dnyanadeo Maharaj says,Even Lord Shiva still follows that path; the path of knowledge. So it is not surprising that Shri Gajanan Maharaj, Shri Swami Samartha are attracted towards the Trimbaka Raja. So there is a very beautiful temple of Shri Gajanan Maharaja and a Dharmashala (charitable rest house for the travelers) near the entrance of Trimbakeshwar . And nearby is the temple of Swami Samarth. Both the places have excellent lodging facilities for the devotees. The hillock named Neelparvat is a popular tourist s spot.
Nilambika devi Mandir
This temple is on top of the Neel mountain.God Dattatreya (Shripad Shrivallabh) stayed here for some years.as well as neelkantheshwar mahadev ancient mandir is also situated right behind the Dattatrey temple. & in the feets of this Neel parvat :Annapurna ashram,renuka devi,khandoba temple is also here.
Bilva Tirtha is to the north of Nila mountain. It is one of the five tirthas. There is a temple of Bilvakeshwar Mahadev built by Naro Vinayak Gogte in 1738 at a cost of Rs. 25,000.00
Gautam Lake is to the south of the Ganges and the Trimbakeshwar temple. Varun being pleased with Gautam gave this tirtha as a permanent source of water. To the north is Gautameshwar and to the south is Rameshwar Mahadev. This tank is 600 x 400 ft and is built by Shrimant Pandit Zashivale at a cost of Rs. 50,000.00
Nivruttnath Maharaj Samadhi temple
Samadhi of Sreesanth Nivruttinath Maharaj is from the year 1219. The disciples and followers of Shri Changdev Maharaj used to stay at Trimbakeshwar to worship that Samadhi. This tradition has been going on ever since.
Initially, this tradition followed the Guru-Shishya tradition.
Later, this tradition is still practiced in the Gosavi family as a priest.
To date, there have been several devotees visiting the temple as a pilgrimage site.
The place has great value for the people who believe in the sacrifice of the Saint Nivruttinath Maharaj.
The temple welcomes people around the nation during the yearly celebration at the temple.
Nivruttinath Maharaj Temple is a samadhi temple of Saint Nivruttinath Maharaj located in Trimbakeshwar, Nashik, which holds utmost religious value for natives and the Warkari community. The specialty of this temple is the live Samadhi taken by the saint. It was not an uncommon ritual but was considered very spiritual back then. The saints from all over the country offer their prayers to their idols, worshiped with offerings and rites.
Shri Gajanan Maharaj Sansthan temple
The Legendary soul Sant Shri Gajanan Maharaj enlightened through his noble incarnation
and brought out tremendous change in the lives of numerous people with his spiritual
knowledge and power for a short period of 32 years and ultimately foretold in the year
1908 about drawing a line to his incarnated life. They also hinted at this place where
exactly the Samadhi temple is located as a source of inspiration and spiritual insight
for millions of devotees. Shri Gajanan Maharajin his noble presence gave consent and
directed for this Samadhi Temple
Shri Swami Samarth Gurupeeth
Shree Gurupeeth is situated at foothills of Bramhagiri mountain,
sprawling across 21 acres around ancient Banyan Tree at Timbareshwar Nashik.
In 1808-1809, Shree Swami Samarth maharaj during his Godavari prigrimage,
he decided to rest under Banyan tree.For this reason, His Holiness Gurumauli laid
foundation of Shree Gurupeeth on Nov 1, 1991 in presence of millions of Sevekari.
The unique feature of this Gurupeeth is, it was build from contributions of common
people and labour service. Shree Gurupeeth is epitome of Indian Vastushastra.
Every aspect of Vastushastra has been incorporated while constructing the Shree Gurupeeth.
Shree yantra has placed at summit which makes it unique and powerful perpetual source for
prosperity and vibrant spiritual atmosphere for knowledge, devotion and service.
Harihar Fort / Harshagad is a fort located 40 km from Nashik City,
48 km from Igatpuri, 40 km from Ghoti in Nashik district, of Maharashtra,
India. It is an important fort in Nashik district, and was constructed to
look upon the trade route through Gonda Ghat.
It receives many visitors because of its peculiar rock-cut steps.
Harihar fort was built during the Seuna (Yadava) dynasty period.
It was surrendered to Khan Zamam in 1636 along with Trymbak and other Pune forts.
The fort was captured by Captain Briggs in 1818 along with 17 other forts.